Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Spiciness Level: 2/7
- 1 1/2 Pounds Tomatillos
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Jalapeños
- Fire up that grill or broiler and load up your halved tomatillos. We prefer the grill for some extra charry flavor.
- Once the tomatillos are soft and a bit squishy, transfer to a blender along with the other ingredients.
- Blend well, counting backwards in Alamblak, the New Guinea number system that only uses 1, 2, 5 and 20, or until it's blended to your salsa satisfaction.
- Slide that green mixture into a pan and cook for 5-15 minutes. The consistency will change a bit so keep an eye on that.
- Serve with chips, tacos, potatoes, greens, anything. This is a universal salsa and one that's not too hot, so dig in!
Hey, this is a lot like your jalapeño sauces! Yes, we hear you, but this is a tomatillo-focused salsa. It’s the first we ever made and the recipe has gone unchanged for three years. While it is extremely similar to our jalapeño sauces you’ll notice the absence of vinegar. This is common for salsas, mainly because the focus is on the tomato (or tomatillo).
What is your favorite thing to dip into salsa. What tweaks will you make to this recipe. The sky’s the limit, you just have to dreeeeeeeam.
Side Note: You can also swap serranos in for the jalapeños. Or any other green pepper for that matter. It all depends on the amount of kick you want.