Spicy Cheddar Cornbread
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spiciness Level: 2/7
- 3/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1 and 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1/8-1/4 cup Owner of a Lonely Fart hot sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease mini loaf pans.
- Core and slice your jalapeño about 1/4 inch thick medallions.
- Place 2 or 3 jalapeño medallions in the bottom of each mini loaf pan and sprinkle with a little bit of the shredded cheddar.
- Combine all other ingredients in a mixing bowl until everything looks moist (yeah I said it, MOIST!).
- Divide batter between mini loaf pans (I used 4) Then drop a few dabs of your hot sauce on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 15-25 minute (it’s going to depend on the type of pan you chose) until a toothpick comes out clean.
Hey all you cool ca….. oh sorry, wrong page. Anywho…. Ohio has given us a lingering chili season so what better to whip than a spicy cornbread. This one has some fun surprises mixed in and will make your kitchen smell fantastic.
Get your oven going to its final destination of 400 degrees and grease up those mini loaf pans or whatever pan you prefer.
Core and slice your jalapeños into about 1/4 inch thick slices and place at the bottom of your pans.
Sprinkle a little bit of the cheese on top of the jalapeño medallions for a crispy cheese crust and divide cornbread mixture between mini loaf pans (4 were used here).
Swirl with knife (careful not to disturb your spicy version of the king cake baby hidden in the bottom) and cook for 15-25 minutes.
Top with butter or hot honey for that sweet and spicy goodness alongside chili or some hot chicken. I give this one two thumbs up for tastiness and for being extremely easy to cook up. You can always add in more sauce, cheese or diced up jalapeños for a bolder result.