Roasted Brussel Sprouts (with a Kick)
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Spiciness Level: 0/7
- 6 Cups Brussel Sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Cranberry Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Needs to be nice and toasty for the roasty sprouts.
- Trim and halve Brussels sprouts and transfer to a bowl. Watch those fingers please.
- Toss with all other ingredients except pumpkin seeds.
- Transfer to a lightly greased could lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, mixing, and flipping sprouts halfway through (12.5 minutes or so, we're not math people).
- When finished transfer to serving dish of choice.
- Add in pumpkin seeds and cranberries and more maple syrup or hot sauce if desired.
Recipe contributed by Ancho Amanda!
This is one of the first recipes to feature our Cranberry Habanero hot sauce and we gotta say, it adds an awesome kick without taking the focus away from the star of the show.
When I was a young lad, I vowed to never touch brussel sprouts. GROSS. I would yell. Just kidding, they were never brought into my home. Not a once. It was assumed that brussel sprouts were disgusting from common media of the time, but all my thoughts were incorrect.
Brussel sprouts are a unique vegetable in that they grow on a weird stalk thing, like the bells you’d use in a high school band class during Jingle Bells. Once removed, they turn into weird tiny cabbage-like objects with thousands of layers to peel back.
Then we realized you can add things like bacon, or cranberries, or hot sauce to the mix and make them tasty. Even a little madrona smoked sea salt can help elevate brussel sprouts to next-level tastiness.
How about you, have you always liked brussel sprouts? Let us know!