Peach Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spiciness Level: 3/7
- 4 Medium Peaches
- 4 Habaneros (stemmed and seeded)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Cup White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Peel and chop your peaches. Nobody wants that fuzzy skin in their teeth.
- When you grab your habaneros, seed them if you want, or kick it all up a notch by leaving those spicy bois in there.
- Make sure everything is nice and chopped and toss all but the vinegar into a medium sauce pan.
- Let it cook down for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and add the vinegar.
- Mix to desired chunkiness and transfer back to the pan.
- Cook down to desired liquid-ness...if that's a word. Cook more for less liquid. Less for more liquid. Cool? Cool.
This recipe was initially brought to our attention from IG user scarletaurora89 who requested some fresh habaneros from the farm. This is a loose interpretation of the Peach Truck hot sauce recipe and is based on how we imagine the actual directions are. For the full Peach Truck cookbook, click here.
The brown sugar in this recipe ties everything together nicely and we’ve noticed that it pairs extremely well with the citrusy flavors of the habanero (and the peaches too of course).
Full IG Post:
View this post on Instagram
Tried my first recipe out of the @thepeachtruck cookbook. Peach hot sauce! Habanero peppers from @fartleyfarms, nutmeg, brown sugar, vinegar, and of course some PEACHES!!!!! This is gonna make an amazing dipping sauce! #hotsauce #thepeachtruck #fartleyfarms #peppers #homemade #peaches