Farty Hard – Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Spiciness Level: 6/7
As Andrew W.K. once said “When it’s time to party we will always party hard. Party hard (party hard, party hard, party hard party hard, party hard)” so we’re sure he’d approve of this hot sauce name as long as we’re partying while using it.
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Carolina Reapers
- 1/2 can Chipotle in Adobo
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 juiced Lime
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch Salt
- Remove the reapers hats. Keep the seeds in. Don't be a wuss about it, it's only two of them.
- Toss everything into your blender.
- Blend it up! Add more vinegar to match the consistency you're looking for.
- Pour into medium saucepan and cook over medium heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Get it into bottles and enjoy for however long you're comfortable with. Keeping it in the fridge extends how long its good for.
If you’re looking for a Carolina Reaper hot sauce recipe that won’t blow you up, this is a good place to start. Farty Hard is approachable and with only 2 Carolina Reapers in the entire sauce makes it easy to make as well.
A part of our Columbus Blue Jackets – Red, White and Blue series, Farty Hard appreciates the finer things in life, is a Virgo and is looking for a taco or mac and cheese with similar interests. We’d add some additional red bell peppers next time and probably adjust the spices a little bit to get it to a more pure red color, but the flavor of this one was good for a first draft.
Take a stab at this sauce and let us know what adjustments you make. Hot sauce is not a perfect science, so keep experimenting and long live the farty.
Look for new recipes every Wednesday right here on Fartley Farms or follow us on Instagram for the latest.