Factory of Sadness Hot Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Spiciness Level: 10/7
Named after it’s Browns-ish color, Factory of Sadness will leave you weeping and never forgetting that year the Cleveland Browns went 0-16.
- 6 Carolina Reapers
- 2 Ghost Peppers
- 2 Anaheim Peppers
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Ground Mustard
- Half Can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- until correct consistency White Vinegar
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- De-stem all of your peppers and de-seed if you're looking for a lower heat. Who could blame you, this one is nuts.
- Combine all ingredients in your blender jar or container.
- Blend until it is at a consistency that sparks joy.
- If still too thicc, add vinegar slowly until it pleases you. Be careful though, you can always add more vinegar, but removing it is a more painful process.
- Pour into sauce pan and simmer for 10-20 minutes. This will also adjust the consistency, so keep that in mind.
- Store in your fridge for several months, front and center for all of your friends to see how great you are.
- High five your sous chef, or yourself if no one is around. You just made a dope hot sauce.
This has turned out to be one of my favorite sauces. The spices included in this sauce make an extremely tasty combination and I’m excited I came across it. Mr. Rivera of Florida has sung this sauces praises for over a year now and uses it on anything and everything.
You could probably get away with swapping out the carolina reapers with either a fresno, red bell or sweet red pepper, but why would you want to do that? This sauce was first made during the 0-16 Browns season, so it’s got potential to make you cry.