Cheesy Cranberry Habanero Chorizo Dip
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Spiciness Level: 4/7
- 1 lb Ground Chorizo
- 3/4 C Dried Cranberries
- 4 oz White Cheddar
- 5 oz Goat Cheese
- 4 oz Smoked Provolone
- 8 oz Orange Juice
- 1/2-1 C Cranberry Habanero Sauce
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees. Round up your ingredients. Don't round number of ingredients. Go get the ingredients. Wrangle them.
- Get your chorizo sautéing in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Grate your cheeses so it's ready to mix in.
- Get orange juice and hot sauce in a pan and bring to a boil. Lookin' good.
- Place dried cranberries in a heat safe bowl and pour boiling OJ and hot sauce mixture over top. Let soak for anywhere from 10-20 minutes. Careful, that liquid's gon' be hot. *alternatively you can pour combined liquids over cranberries and microwave for 30-60 seconds for the same effect, but is it really?
- Mix all ingredients in desired vessel for cooking and stir to combine. *I did not drain that beautiful fat out of the chorizo pan. **I reserved the leftover liquid from the cranberries for a future recipe.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for 5. Don’t broil too long or your cranberries, sugar-filled treasures, may burn.
- Dig in with crackers, chips, vegetables, etc. When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Dips on dips! Just take a look at that majestic pot of tastiness. Now, it’s important to note, once cooked we decided to pump up the cheese count in this recipe for higher cheese to chorizo ratios. Another showstopper from Ancho Amanda!
The hardest part here is getting your ingredients together and then not burning yourself when you go to soak the cranberries.
This is a great one for low carb, high fat diets like the ketogenic diet, just watch the sugar content in the orange juice you get. Look at that glorious chorizo. We can still smell the spices.
Feel free to just mix the cheese like a maniac. Displaying in this way will impress your friends and family but as the old saying goes “it’s all going to the same place.”
Our cranberry habanero hot sauce already has some orange juice in it, but adding additional really helps mellow out the heat. You can add even more if you’d like!
SOAK THOSE BERRIES. Read a book, pick up a new hobby, just don’t doom-scroll. We’re not doing that anymore in 2021. Hear us?
A beautiful mixture of meats, cheeses, hot sauce, and fruits. We’re pretty sure this covers all the basic food groups for you and is all you need in a healthy diet, but we’re not experts in that field. The glorious final product can be seen above or to the left (depending on your device). Happy eating friend! Be sure to check out more dips and snacks on our Spicy Sides Recipes page.