Bacon Chipotle Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Spiciness Level: 3/7
Cheese? check. Peppers? check. Beer, check. Bacon? DOUBLE CHECK.
- 6 Strips (cooked then diced) Bacon
- 4 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Onions (diced)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 12 oz Beer (IPA)
- 1/3 cup Horseradish Mustard
- 1/2 can Chipotle in Adobo
- Cook the bacon however you like to do that sort of thing, but make it crispy and easy to dice. If in a pan, clean it out. Cleaning while you go makes things easier for everyone and sparks joy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Saute your onions until they start to get golden brown. Toss the chipotle in to let them cook briefly together.
- Add the mustard.
- Pour the beer into the pan and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, uncovered.
- Add in the cream cheese, making sure it gets all melty and separates.
- Slowly add in most of the cheese and bacon, mixing well. "Most" just means, save some for before it goes into the oven. Or for snacking while you wait. We won't judge.
- Once it's at a good consistency, transfer to a lined or lubricated pan. This thing going in the oven.
- Before traveling to the fiery underworld, sprinkle some cheese and bacon on the top.
- Open the door to the hottest place in your house (we're hoping it's your oven). Place your cheesy stuff into the oven, cheese side up.
- Let bake in the oven for 20 minutes or so. For extra crispy top, turn the broiler on for the last 3-5 minutes.
- Remove and serve (it gon be real hot) so maybe let it cool a little bit. Depends on peoples mouth tolerance.
I was tired of the same old dips so I slapped a few different recipes into one to create this monster dip. You can replace the chipotle with any peppers you wanted, but I wanted to get some of that adobo sauce in with everything. I’ve found that that really enhances the flavor.
If you want to be the life of the party, this is at least a good way to start. People will be like, oh snap, who brought this delicious dip. From there you can talk about any twist you put on the recipe, the craft brew you decided to use instead of Columbus own Land Grant Stiff Arm and boom, you’re the party king.