You’ll Be In My Fart – Tabasco & Chipotle Hot Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Spiciness Level: 3/7
As Phil Collins sang about Tarzan in the Disney classic, we feel the same way about Tabasco peppers, “For one so small, you seem so strong”…
- 1 pound Tabasco Peppers (fresh)
- 1/2 can Chipotle in Adobo
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- De-stem the tabasco peppers. Don't bother de-seeding because you will hate your life. They're just so small!
- Cook the garlic, bell pepper, chipotle and tabascos over medium-high heat for roughly 5 minutes. Let that garlic smell come out.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender or vessel to be blended. Slowly add in vinegar while blending. The vinegar is adjustable here in two ways. First, it helps determine consistency. If you're going for thicker sauce, use less vinegar. Second, it helps with taste, so try to balance it as you see fit. We prefer this as a smoother sauce.
- Salt to taste (probably won't need much) and ensure consistency is around what you want it to end up as.
- Toss it back in the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put it into some bottles. As this is an extremely basic sauce recipe, bottles can easily keep for three to six months. Enjoy!
We first grew Tabasco peppers in 2018 and had the startling realization that they grew straight up. Never knew that. We were excited to have a pretty decent yield and came up with this fairly basic, but extremely tasty sauce. The chipotle in adobo sauce gave it a nice smoky flavor and the tabasco peppers do a good job speaking for themselves.
No fruits, no sugars, just the basics of vinegar, garlic, salt and peppers. If you want to get crazy you could add in additional spices or try it with some balsamic vinegar or even ferment the darn thing for a few months, but however you enjoy it, have fun with it!