Spicy La Kama Seasoning Recipe
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Spiciness Level: 3/7
Our take on traditional La Kama seasoning…but with habaneros in there…
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Fartley Farms Habanero Powder
- Combine all ingredients into a dish.
- Use a fork, spoon (or we guess you could use a knife?) and mix all ingredients together.
- Congratulations, you now have a new seasoning. Contemplate the world and how simple and flavorful it can be.
This spice blend is a traditional Moroccan flavoring and is great for stews, soups and in our case chicken. For 1.5 pounds of chicken thighs, we used roughly 1 Tbsp of the spice mix to get a really nice spread of the spices.
One of our favorite things about Turmeric is how it has a tendency to turn anything it touches yellow.
The spice mix is a fairly common recipe, but in typical Fartley Farms fashion, we’ve kicked up the spice level a bit with some habanero powder. The sweetness of the cinnamon is a great offset to the bitterness of the turmeric. Combined with the zing of ginger and the earthiness of nutmeg, the peppers then hop in at the end of the flavor profile to add some extra heat and really get things going.
With a little bit of oil and chopped up chicken thighs, you too can have the above delicious chicken at home.