Owner of a Lonely Fart Serrano Hot Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Spiciness Level: 4/7
Owner of a lonely fart, much better than a owner of a broken fart. In order to reduce the loneliness, make this recipe with a special someone on Valentine’s Day, but be sure to wash your hands thoroughly afterward. Trust us.
- 24 Serrano Peppers
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- De-stem and, if you're not feeling the heat, de-seed those suckers. You can always add them back in if you want. The spiciness of the seeds is not removed when they detach. Science.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Blend until you can't feel feelings, or until it's the correct consistency for you. Whichever comes first. Add in additional seeds if you want to crank up the heat.
- Simmer down now over medium heat for 10 minutes. You don't need to time it perfectly. Saucing isn't an exact science and your flaws are what make you special.
- Store in the fridge for 2-6 months.
Coming in at a whopping 10,000–23,000 SHU the serrano pepper is a versatile little bugger. Hotter than a jalapeño, but not enough to kill you, it’s a great experimental pepper. This is a fairly traditional recipe and you can swap out the powders for actual ingredients, but we’ve found the powders to be the best so far.
You may notice that we’re using apple cider vinegar instead of regular ol’ vinegar. The apple cider brings out a different flavor of the serrano and leans toward more of a fruitiness for a little extra zing.