O Fartuna Basil & Garlic Hot Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Spiciness Level: 5/7
Carl Orff also wrote to us from beyond the grave to say he’s disappointed that we would use his classical music to make a pun-based hot sauce.
- 1 pound Hot Peppers (Variety or of one kind, whatever)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 12 big ol' Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- De-stem peppers and de-seed if desired, or don't de-seed if you're into the whole sweating while eating thing.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor.
- Process; both your emotions and your sauce.
- Add more vinegar if not to your liquidy liking. No need to over-vinegar though, let those basil leaves do the talking.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or so in a saucepan and behold the wonders of basil.
- Place in the handiest spot in your fridge for easy access. Keep 4-6 months. Or eat it faster. It's your life.
This is a sauce where I was unsure if it was going to turn out well or not. I looked at Spicy Steve and said, “this sauce seems crazy, it’s mostly basil!” Well folks, it’s on our site, so you know it’s good.
Sure the green-ness was a bit overwhelming initially, but that pound of peppers took all my fears away. We initially tried with some reapers and ghost peppers and let me tell you, that was a mistake. If you’re looking for tear-inducing sauce, this one is it. A pound of reapers is enough to kill anyone and we suffered the consequences. Be smarter than us, go with some light, fluffy habaneros or something along those lines.