Fart of Gold – Fruity Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Spiciness Level: 4/7
I want to live, I want to give, I’ve been a miner for a fart of gold…
- 10 Habanero
- 2 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/3 cup Ginger (diced)
- 2/3 cup Pineapple (chunks is best)
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (or substitute)
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Peel
- 2-4 Tbsp Mystery Ingredient
- De-stem the habaneros. Remove their crowns and take from them their seeds (if you're not feeling spicy).
- Collect your ingredients. Get them amped with a rousing speech. After all, you are their leader.
- Blend well, good madam or sir and witness as those who would not mix have now become a beautiful consistency of yellow.
- Behold the gold you hath brought forth and then proceed to either put it into some bottles or cook for a bit to prolong the life of the sauce. Pat yourself on the back for you are not a spice wizard.
There’s a Mongolian Proverb that reads “If you are sick, think about your life; if you are better, think about your gold.” With our minds on gold, this sauce must be better and there is potential to make it even better.
The mystery ingredient takes the flavor of the sauce in one way or the other and it is up to you dear traveler how you go about your business. We tried it with a few different ingredients including soy sauce and maple syrup, and found the syrup to be the most interesting when mixed with the others.
If you decide to test other mystery ingredients, let us know how they turn out. The alchemy of hot sauce is not a perfect one, so stay curious and maybe someday you too can become a spice wizard.