Crockpot Venison Chili
Cook Time: 6 hours
Spiciness Level: 0/7
- 1 Pound Ground venison (can sub beef or turkey)
- 3 Diced bell peppers
- 1 Diced yellow onion
- 10 Ounces Diced tomatoes & green chilis
- 28 Ounces Can crushed tomatoes
- 45 Ounces Canned beans
- 1/2 Pound Cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar or substitute
- 1/4 Cup Chipotle pepper hot sauce
- Homemade chili seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Drizzle Olive oil
- Get a mild sizzle party going in a large pan with olive oil.
- Add bell peppers and onions to soften about 5 minutes, then toss in your crockpot.
- In the same pan, add venison, season with salt and pepper, and cook through. It takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Add venison and all other ingredients to crockpot and mix before sealing that bad boy up and jumpin’ in your lazy pants. Set on low for anywhere from 4-6 hours. Crockpots are meant for setting and forgetting!
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, crackers and your favorite butt burner to up the heat level.
Check out the chili seasoning recipe we used from budgetbytes.com
This one goes out to all of you chili lovers who have never had a consistent chili recipe in your life and also think the idea of babysitting a pot of molten beans all day sounds less than desirable. The great news is that it is completely customizable to your spice and consistency preferences!
Kick it up with some cayenne or your favorite hot sauce to amp up the heat level!